Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More news on baby Owen

As many of you know (via facebook) I am having lots of preterm labor and have been ordered to strict bed rest. My mother- and sister-in-law came in for three weeks to help out but had to return home in Utah. So, we put Ethan in childcare yesterday. I can literally see the school building from my living room window so it's nice knowing that he is not too far away.

I have a handy little IV pump in my leg that gives me a continuous dose of meds and bolus doses (larger doses) every four hours. So far, that along with bed rest have kept me from progressing any further. However, on July 31st they are going to take me off all medication and if I go into labor they will give me a steroid shot to help Owen's lungs develop and then just let me deliver. That will put him at 36 weeks gestation.

I have been told that Owen should be perfectly fine if born at 36 weeks gestation and shouldn't have to spend any extra time in the hospital. I go in again today for another ultrasound and will post any good 3d pictures I get.

Here are some I got a couple weeks ago and a belly shot or two.

This is me at 6 months in the back yard with Ethan in the background.

This is me at the Gilley pool in McMinnville at 7 months.







Here are a few shots of Owen at 29 weeks gestation.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with bedrest! It is no fun! I hope you can carry him to at least 36 weeks. That would be great. I love your house! I hope you aren't too bored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bored out of my mind but I am sure you know better than I do all about that. At least I am on bed rest at my own home! But only ten days left!

    ReplyDelete